Aims, Values and Vision of the School
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our pupils as confident, happy citizens.
- To enable all members of our school to achieve their maximum potential
- To provide a broad and balanced curriculum for each child at his / her own level and to ensure that all children have full and equal access to it.
- To develop attitudes of caring and consideration towards others and an understanding of the need to respect the views and beliefs of others.
- To prepare all of our pupils for a life in a diverse and multi - ethnic society.
- To celebrate the good
- To provide challenge and stimulus in all areas of school life and to promote an ethos of enjoyment and celebration.
- To provide high quality teaching by well-motivated staff.
- To insist upon good behaviour demonstrated by politeness, honesty and respect.
- To provide a commitment to high standards and a constant striving for improved performance
- To work in partnership with all those connected to the school, in the pursuit of our aims.
- We believe that people at South Hykeham Primary School should be respected as individuals.
- We value the happiness of all at South Hykeham through the creation of a positive environment.
- We value striving for high standards in all that we do.
- We believe that our children's opinions are important.
- We believe that everyone should have equal opportunities in our school.
- We value our environment.
- We value links with the wider community.
- We value the commitment and professionalism of our staff.
- We value the community that we have created
We want our children to be independent learners who are resilient and positive. They will be able to work co-operatively and interdependently and understand the world that they live in, respecting diversity and the views of others. Our children will have and retain a lifelong love of learning.